Boulevard de Saint-Georges 62 1205 Geneva
+41 79 137 42 73 (cell)
(404) 865-1543 (skype)
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Seasoned executive with several years of highly successful programming results and radio experience at terrestrial and satellite radio facilities.
- Program Director for WRS-FM, Geneva, Switzerland. (World Radio Switzerland)
- Director of Global Music Programming for World Space Satellite Radio, managing 17 formats. Including four channels on XM Satellite radio.
- Successfully programmed stations in New York, Atlanta and Washington, D.C.
- Proven ability to increase market share and revenue thru positioning, marketing and increasing Arbitron ratings for under-performing stations.
- Demonstrated programming philosophy by implementing sound market research utilizing viable techniques, analyzing trends, and solid imaging.
- Leader in the area of talent development and programming. Winning numerous industry awards.
- Effective manager and supervisor; team player. Have the ability to lead subordinates and execute directives.
- Managed several large market budgets, including staff payroll.
- Promotions/marketing costs decreased and increased revenues and ratings at every station worked.
- Supervised several staffs of ten to thirty-five on-air, administrative, interns, marketing and drastically improved performance of supervised staffs resulting in a well-run cohesive operation.
- Excellent motivator and trainer of young talent in the major areas of programming: positioning, marketing, and use of Selector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all facets of Selector, Music Master, Power Gold, Dalet, and other music software. Understanding demographic trends, music content, formats, rotational application and sound management principles.
- Trained on-air talent through weekly one-on-one coaching sessions that improved delivery and confidence while increasing market share and ratings for several stations.
- Winner of numerous industry awards:
- Billboard Magazine – Program Director of the Year
- Gavin Report - Station of the Year (twice)
- Gavin Report - Program Director of the Year (twice)
- Impact Magazine Station of the Year
- Branded stations through outdoor marketing: billboards, television, taxi-tops and public transition thereby saturating the consumer with station identification.
- Continuous music and market research aimed at target listeners.
World Radio Switzerland (WRS-FM)
Program Director (October 2012 thru September 2013)
- World Radio Switzerland is the English-speaking radio station of the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation. WRS provides a mix of Adult Pop Music / News / Information for the British and American Ex-Pat communities and the English speaking Swiss, in Geneva, Switzerland.
- As Program Director for WRS, I am responsible for the overall presentation of the on-air product. This includes managing the on-air presenters and the news personnel as it relates to their interaction with the presenters. I am also responsible for the programming structure and selection of all music.
Atlanta, GA USA
Consultant (January 2009 thru October 2012)
- A full service radio programming consulting firm based in Atlanta, concentrating on programming, promotions, sales, client’s total productivity and voice over production. Consulted WRS July-August-September of 2012.
World Space Satellite Radio
Washington, DC USA
(September 1999 thru January 2009)
- World Space Satellite Radio was an international satellite radio company based in Washington, D.C., broadcast to Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
Director of Global Music Programming (Nov ’03 thru Jan ‘09)
- As Director of Global Music Programming I was responsible for managing all branded WorldSpace formats and Program Directors. This included over 17 formats, 14 Program Directors and over 30 on-air talents broadcast to Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Four of our formats were broadcast on XM Satellite radio. Among the formats under my direction were Adult R&B, CHR/Pop, Country, AC, Classic Rock, Oldies, and others. I also worked with over 16 channels in Bangalore, India and 2 in Dubai, U.A.E.
Senior Manager for Music Programming (July ‘03 thru Nov ‘03)
- Assisted Director of Global Music Programming in directing the various Program Directors in their day-to-day responsibilities.
Program Director (Sept ‘99 thru July ‘03)
- Programmed the adult R&B format. Responsibilities music content, structure and rotation: selecting and/or implementing short and long form programs and developing promotional concepts. First 20 months, also programmed country format.
Atlanta, GA USA
Consultant (August 1990 thru September 1999)
- A full service radio programming consulting firm based in Atlanta, concentrating on programming, promotions, sales and client’s total productivity. Clients included, but not limited to WCHB-FM, Detroit, WALR-FM, Atlanta, MORE-FM, Bahamas.
Radio One Broadcasting USA
National Director of Programming (June 1992 thru May 1993)
- Successfully implemented all aspects of programming for Radio One stations, WMMJ-FM and WOL-AM, Washington D.C. and WWIN-AM/FM in Baltimore. Within first rating survey (Summer ’92) target audience for WMMJ, Adults 25-54, increased from a 3.6 share to 6.1.
New York, NY USA
Program Director (April 1989 thru October 1990)
- Successfully conceptualized, developed and implemented programming strategies that maximized audience share and within 6 months, increased market share rank of primary target demographics of Adults 25-54) from 12th to 3rd, Adults 18-34 from 7th to 4th and Persons 12+ grew from 15th to 6th.
Atlanta, GA USA
(April 1982 thru April 1989)
Program Director (June ’86 - April ’89)
- Successfully conceptualized, developed and implemented programming strategies that maximized audience share; managed an annual payroll and promotions budget of over $800,000. Hired and supervised a staff of 20+.
Assistant Program Director / Evening Air Talent (Jan ’86 - June ’86)
- Hosted evening soft show, “The Quiet Storm”, #1 rated evening program in the Atlanta market, assisted Program Director with music selections and scheduling, supervising and developing station promotions and training on-air talent.
Music Research Director / Weekend-Swing Air Talent (April ’82 - Jan ’86)
- Coordinated and compiled all music research including weekly reports, music charts and other related information, assisted in selecting new music, dubbing music, handling interaction with record labels.
- Wayne State University, Detroit Michigan, June 1973 – June 1976
- Major Course of Study: Mass Communications